My yeti 1500 is taking forever to charge

Options
Jordan
Jordan Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I tried wall charging it for almost 24 hours and it only charged 45% and it says it will be another 25 hours until fully charged. Anyone know what this means? I used the regular wall charger for it. Thanks!

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Jordan

What does the input show when you have the power supply plugged in? Is your firmware up to date?

• Jordan
    Options

Hey Zion I believe I’m all updated in the firmware. 1.8.6

So I called GZ and they told me I should exercise the battery (drain to 20% then recharge a few times) as it’s been sitting for a long time without being plugged in. I just plugged it in and is making a weird noise and the blue light wasn’t blinking for a while with intermittent information coming in on the screen (new be avo or I haven’t seen before) but after maybe 5 mins suddenly the blue light started flashing consistently the wierd pulsing noise stopped, and looks like it’s holding at 21 watts in(moving not more than 1 watt in either direction), 89% full, and it will take 9.6 hours to top off (although that number is being jumpy)

thanks Zion!

• Jordan
    Options
  • Mixey
    Mixey Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi…

My 1500 has been working and wall charging fine, but yesterday, I used it down to zero and now it won’t wall charge at all. No input. The charger is fine. I checked it with another unit. I tried both inputs on the 1500. Is there a re-set button or something?

• Mixey
    Mixey Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Jordan… sorry… I’m new. I should have started a new topic instead of adding my question to your thread!

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 627 admin
    Options

Hi @Mixey,

We suggest charging it via the USB-C PD port. This is a direct connection to the battery and will allow the voltage of the battery increase to a point that will let you charge via the power supply again.