Slow charging on my 3000x..wow

Options
Toskeysam
Toskeysam Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have multiple YETIs in our home(s) I have a 3000x that will not charge at a rate higher than 50 watts. The battery was at 50% charge after a recent drawdown. I put my 240 watt charger on it and it ramped up to 240watts, but quickly dropped to 50 and remained there. I tried my new 600watt charger and it did exactly the same thing.

Firmware Version 1.8.6

Did factory reset (shutdown) and no change in results.

At 50 watts, its going to take nearly a day to recharge!!

Any suggestions, anyone....

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Toskeysam

Sounds like there is a deeper issue with the charge controller in the Yeti. Are you seeing any icons come up on the screen when trying to charge? Do you have any solar panels to try on the HPP port?

• Toskeysam
    Toskeysam Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I did see a flag in the lower right corner of the display when the charge rate went higher than 200 watts. I reset the unit and tried a 75watt charger in the input port under the lid. It works fine. The port on the front does not work.

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

I would see if you have any warranty options if you are getting the battery ! mark. See image below. Bottom right hand side.

• cturner50
    cturner50 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue with my 6000x. Trying to input 500 Watts of solar into powerpole on front. Goes up to ~390W, then quickly drops to 50w. Repeatable if I unplug/plug back in. Max is supposed to be 600W but it feels like a firmware thing, trying to protect the unit or something. Any tips?