Sherpa 100AC not charging my phone via usb c port

ccb
ccb Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Have had no problems since buying my Sherpa several years ago. Suddenly the USB c ports will no longer work for charging my Google Pixel 6 phone. The wireless port will work. And I can still charge the Sherpa using the USB c ports. Looking for any ideas as to why this would be happening. Not having any problem with the USB ports, just with USB c.

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 601 admin
    edited April 2023

Hi @ccb,

We suggest trying the reset below.

1. Press and Hold the power button for 15 seconds
    2. This will change the display to show the word (reset) and a loading bar.
    3. Once the loading bar is full the reset is complete and you can release the button.
  • ccb

I did a reset, still no power out of either USB C port. Called GoalZero support, tried changing both ports to OUT but it made no difference. Conclusion is these ports have stopped working to provide power to other devices. I can still recharge the Sherpa using these ports. Device is out of warranty so it appears there is no fix.

• Agant172
    Agant172 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Have you figured anything out? I have about the same problem

• ccb

No - the tech support person I talked to concluded that the ports were no longer working. No fix available.

• Road_Trip_Ready
    Road_Trip_Ready Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having the same issue. My Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC is only 8 months old. Reset doesnt do anything! Any trouble shooting tips or fix?