Sherpa 100AC - QI charger not working after 4 months

Options
DancesWithWoofs
DancesWithWoofs Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

i've loved this so far until a couple weeks ago i noticed my iPhone SE (3rd Gen) wasn't fully charged when i left the house. i always leave it laying flat on the QI charger ( yes with the button ON). recently every morning the phone shows -30-60% charge. now i have to plug it in using a cord which is the hassle that the Sherpa was supposed to solve.

been using this for +4 months now & it has been working fine until now. tried charging it with the case off & no luck. same phone with a thin case. tested it with other iPhones & it show the same problem. the QI charging to the iPhone works on the QI standalone charging pad so the iPhone is fine with wireless charging. just not with the Sherpa 100AC recently.

---

iPhone SE (3rd gen) - Airplane mode : shows 94%. Battery icon indicates NO charging

Sherpa 100AC - QI button ON, 0 W output

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 630 admin
    Options

Hi @DancesWithWoofs,

It sounds like this could be a potential warranty claim. Please contact our solution center for further assistance in this case. Their contact info is linked below.

• DancesWithWoofs
    DancesWithWoofs Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

looks like i fixed it. not sure what process fixed it but here's what i did:

i rebooted my iPhone & made sure it was currently upgraded to the latest update.

~ no luck. no charging

i let the sherpa drain down to about 40% & then recharged it back to 100%. turned OFF & then ON the QI charger button

~ no luck

i then shut down my iPhone & waited 30 seconds. rebooted the iPhone again.

~ Success! it's charging now.