Yeti 1000 dropping to Zero rapidly

Options

I have a Yeti 1000 purchased from Costco about 5 years ago, that I have used for a number of years to power a Engel camping refrigerator, charging from a boulder 100 briefcase solar panel when camping.

I am going on a festival Wednesday next week, and thought I'd try my 1100W DeLonghi Nespresso espresso machine. First pour worked fine and the Yeti dropped 5% to about 80% - second pour we dropped to about 75%. So far so good. Fans came on and the output reflected we were above 1100W.

When I started the 3rd pour, the Yeti rapidly dropped from 75% to zero percent charge. I'm now charging it on AC power, and it's slowly charging as per normal. I read it can take 18 hours to fully charge

Is this behavior normal, or indication of a problem. The Yeti normally is connected to the AC and kept at 100%. I've only cycled it down to zero a few times before, and each time with no issues, but with a smaller load.

I'm heading out to a 5 day desert festival in exactly a week (April 26th) so wanted to see if this indicated a bigger problem. Don't want it to fail mid Festival.

Phil

Answers