Goal Zero Yeti 3000x

Options

Hello,

I want to connect my Goal Zero Yeti 3000x to some solar panels, I see that the ones Yeti sells are more for travel and are more expensive than other brands. I was looking into connecting 2 Renogy 200 watt panels

From what I read the yeti is able to support up to 600 watts of input, but will only accept 50v and up to 50A.

As the panels are VoC rated 23V and max fuse rating being 20A, I could only use 2 and not the three correct?

Also another question the 8mm input should NOT be used for an extra 100 watt panel right? Or could you use both inputs at the same time?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @darroyo145,

You can use 3 of the Renogy 200 W panels with our Yeti 3000X. Chaining them in parallel will increase the amps and not the volts. Exceeding the Amp maximum is not a problem as long as the voltage maximum is not exceeded. The Yeti comes with a charge controller that will regulate the current and make sure it does not go above the amperage maximum.

You will need to only use the HPP input port as that will be the active port while something is connected to it. The 8mm port will deactivate if you have something connected to the HPP input port.