Adding a goalzero and solar to my work trailer

Options
CHCCustoms
CHCCustoms Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thinking about adding a goalzero and solar to my work trailer but not sure what size I would need and what kind of run times I could expect. I normally have shore power but occasionally I need another option. My miter saw w/ extractor and table saw would require 20 amps min. I have a 500x that I use for charging cameras, tablets, and computer but it won’t run any of my bigger tools. Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• NNilsen
    NNilsen Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Yeti 1500X, 3000X, 6000X inverter provide 16.5A, 2000W / 3500W surge slightly less than your stated requirement. I use an older model Yeti 1000L that provides less output with my "residential grade" DeWalt tools and it does the job for me. I chose the smaller yeti because I have the yeti link connected to my vehicle battery to extend my watthour runtime and yeti battery re-charge vs having the larger battery capacity of the 3000 etc.

Answers

• CHCCustoms
    CHCCustoms Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I appreciate the response. I’ll check into it a little more with Festool and see if I got there requirements correct or possible even pull a test on the saw and extractor myself. Thanks again