Yeti (3000x or 6000x) simultaneous charge using Yeti link on alternator and solar panel?

Options
AlexP
AlexP Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

All in the title, is this possible ?

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@AlexP

Yes, you will get input from both sources if you have the solar plugged into the main input on the Yeti and have the VIK installed.

• AlexP
    AlexP Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Thx ! So if I get 50amps from solar, and 50amps from the alternator, I'll charge the battery at 100amps ? Perfect ! Much appreciated.

• Alex42
    Alex42 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

What about shore power adapter on 120VAC ?

Can all 3 be connected at the same time ? Or do I need to unplug solar to plug the 600W power adapter ? That would kind of suck because it’d be nice to be able to do the same as with the alternator and charge from shore at 600W + charge from solar at 600W (theoretical max) simultaneously !

But I don’t see how you would plug that… because there is only one HPP input…

Thoughts ?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Alex42,

This would not be possible since the only port that can accept 600W of input is the HPP port. Since there is only one of those ports, you would only be able to have either the solar panels or the power supply connected at the same time.

The other limitation is the charge controller. The charge controller maxes out at 600W of input, so even if you did manage to connect both of them, you would still only get 600W.