Solar panels for outside>?

Options
Annette
Annette Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi I purchased the Goal Zero Yeti 3000X + Nomad 200 Solar Generator Kit, can I leave the solar panels outside and the Yeti inside?

Thank you

Best Answer

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Annette,

The Boulder panels are designed to be tough enough to be permanently mounted on a roof and left out in the elements for years. They have a glass and aluminum construction that holds the PV cells.

The Nomad panels are designed to be lighter weight, higher power density and easier to fold up and pack in a car or RV than our Boulder panels but the trade off is the construction is mostly heat and UV resistant plastic and nylon. They can be used outside for long periods of time in all kinds of weather but they will not last as long as a boulder panel.

If you are looking to keep the Yeti protected from the elements by placing it inside and run a cord to the Nomads outside, that is a good idea.

Answers

• Annette
    Annette Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you.

RE: your comment, "If you are looking to keep the Yeti protected from the elements by placing it inside and run a cord to the Nomads outside, that is a good idea." - this is exactly what i plan to do 😀

I plan to put the panels on the roof and connect the Yeti (which is in the garage) with a long extension connection.