Sherpa Charging Issues

Options
writchie
writchie Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have one of the older Sherpa models purchased February 2019. From the beginning, I have had issues recharging the power bank. I bought the AC Plug In Adapter to recharge the Sherpa from a wall outlet … never worked right. Sometimes it would recharge, while other times it wouldn’t recharge. Sometimes it even would partially recharge and then stop for no reason at random recharge percentages. I don’t use the Sherpa much, however I spent the first few things thinking that my AC Plug In Adapter was just bad. Finally gave up on that, and just started trying to recharge the Sherpa using one of the USB-C port. Same results mostly … right now it has been plugged in for 3 days, shows 0 watts input, and stopped re-charging at 84%. I considered buying a new charger and/or the new Sherpa version last week, as continual device issues like this drive me nuts. Looks as if the same issues that I have with the old version also apply to the new version. My old version is still limping along, but I just don’t have any confidence in the old or the new version. Of course I have tried to “reset” numerous times to no avail. Also tried to force the different USB-C outlets from “auto” to “input” to force charge … that doesn’t work either. If I plug in a Power Bank to recharge it, then it should recharge back up to 100%!! Is that really too much for a consumer to ask?? Never had any issues with the Sherpa charging up devices I plug into it … it recharges other devices really well. But it is a Power Bank … a battery that charges other devices will ultimately require being recharged itself. And it seems to me as if Goal Zero has never figured out how to make this work properly. NUMEROUS posts online of consumers having this same issue, but never any actual solutions offered up by Goal Zero. Yes … I reset the device. Yes … I still have the same ongoing issue. Fix the damn product!!

Answers