Yeti 500X+wattstunde 140W

Options
Obrecst5
Obrecst5 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello, is it possible to use the solar panel from Wattstunde 140W to charge the Yeti 500X. Thank you for your feedback.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Options

@Obrecst5,

The best way to tell if a solar panel will work or not with a goal zero product is to compare the specifications.

• Is the Open Circuit Voltage of the solar panel lower than the Input voltage limit?
    • Current is not a disqualifying spec as the power stations will not consume more current than they need.
    • Is the connector the compatible with any of the solar input ports on the power station?

These specs are printed on the front of our power stations but can also be found on the the product page on the shop or in the user guides section at the bottom of the shop page.

3rd party products may have specifications listed on their websites as well.

• Obrecst5
    Options

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the specs of the Wattstunde panel: The open cirquit voltage is 26.5 V. So it's too high for charging the Yeti, correct?

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Obrecst5,

Correct. 26.5V Voc for that particular solar panel is higher than the listed 22V max for the 500X.

I am hoping by showing you how to compare specs you can make the determination for all kinds of panels without needing an approval for each one.

Does that help?

• Obrecst5
    Options

Thank you, I think, I am able to do that.