Yeti 1500X Inconsistent Charge

Options
DaveS
DaveS Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Regardless of Input source (wall charger or solar panel), the blue Input light never comes on and there is no Input Wattage ever shown...just 0. Despite this, I am able to charge from the wall charger (still 0 Input & no blue light). The solar panels are producing, but no charge at the Yeti. I've reset but no change.

Suggestions?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @DaveS

We are sorry to hear about the charging issues you are having with your Yeti 1500X. Are you able charge the Yeti through the 60watt in/out port? If you have a USB-C charger please try charging the Yeti through that port. If the Yeti starts taking a charge let it sit for about 2-3 hours with the USB-C cable plugged in. Once the battery has about 20-30% charge try using the power supply. If that does not work please contact support@goalzero.com with your proof of purchase. Our team will look at what warranty options are available. Thank you.

• DaveS
    Options

The Yeti does charge from the USB-C charger, the blue light flashes and the display shows Input. I ran it up to 70% and does supply power. Otherwise, there is no change from my previous description (no display or blue light). The 8mm wall charger still charges BUT there is no Input displayed nor does the blue Input light engage.

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@DaveS

Can you send photos or videos of what you mean?

• DaveS
    Options

Thanks Zion_Curtain. Love your namesake!

I've attached a pic of the USB-C port operating as it should. Full readout & lit blue Input light.

Also attached is a pic of the Wall Charger in use with no readout or blue Input light. It is charging with this method despite the lack of these.

The situation with my panels is the same as with the wall charger, but it does not charge.

• bonniecutthroat
    bonniecutthroat Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Was this resolved? I am having the same issue.

• DaveS
    Options

Actually no. I performed an extensive re-boot at the direction of GZ staff and it completely killed my 1500X. No charge capabilities at all now. Awaiting their solution.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @DaveS,

If you have not done so, please contact our solution center. They will be able to assist further in this case. Their contact information is below.