Yeti Link settings in the mobile App

Options
MendoMan
MendoMan Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

When I tap on the "Link" option on the mobile App, a screen pops up with the following fields of information:

Number of Tanks

Expansion Capacity

Firmware version (not modifiable)

How important is it that the first two fields above accurately represent your setup? "Number of Tanks" is obvious but what should "Expansion Capacity" typically be set to?

Also, it would be nice if the App provided more information on state of charge, for example, and other status information about the attached Tanks. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Options

@MendoMan,

From the Tank product page, the capacity is 1200Wh per tank.

I would also love to see the App show Tank stats like SoC, capacity, Voltage, Current etc!

• MendoMan
    MendoMan Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, stated capacity is 1200Wh - we all know that. But, the app DOES NOT use Wh but instead Ah. So, what should the number be for the "Expansion Capacity" field in the app when you select the the "Link" battery icon in the app? Or does it not make any difference at all what you put as a value in this field?

One other question - If I purchase a second 3000X with Expansion Link, can I easily connect the tanks from one 3000X to a different one with no problem? Thanks.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @MendoMan,

The Yeti tanks hold a total of 100Ah per battery. So you would put 100Ah per tank.

You can connect the tanks between Yeti as long as each Yeti has a Yeti link. You would just disconnect the EC8 cable from one link and connect it to the other link.