Skylight Troubleshooting/FAQ

Options
GOAL ZERO ADMIN
GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
edited September 2023 in LIGHTS & LANTERNS

We wanted to highlight some troubleshooting tips and FAQs for the Skylight. If you are having any issues with your Skylight please see our FAQ list:

Q: I don't have a power source with a 6mm port.

A: There is a 12v Aux Plug to female 6mm adapter that is included in the box. This will allow you to connect your Skylight to another external power source.

Q: Is the Skylight safe to charge and power from my vehicle’s starter battery?

A: When using a vehicle’s starter battery to charge and/or power the Skylight it is recommended that the vehicle be running. Charging and powering the Skylight from a vehicle’s starter battery with the vehicle turned off runs the risk of draining the battery below the point of being able to start the vehicle. The Skylight is designed to cut off power from external power sources if the voltage of the external power source drops below 11V. This allows you the ability to utilize a greater amount of non-starter batteries and other power sources. The Skylight will start to charge and power from the external power source when its voltage is equal to or greater than 11.5V. 

Q: Why does my Skylight stop charging and powering from my Yeti 200x or 500x even though the Yeti display shows it has a charge?

A: When using a Yeti 200x or Yeti 500x is it recommend to use the included 12V Aux Plug to female 6mm Adapter. This will allow you to fully discharge the Yeti 200x or 500x.

Q: Why does the Skylight change brightness levels without my interaction?

A: Skylight will drop brightness levels to prolong your adventure. This happens when the voltage of the internal battery drops below the threshold of the current brightness level. Plug the Skylight into a Yeti or other external power source. This will power and charge your Skylight at the same time.  

Q: What if the Skylight will not turn on?

A: Plug the Skylight into an external power source that provides greater than 11.5V. Long press the control box button. If the Skylight turns on, then it is time to adventure. If not, do the control box LEDs flash 4 times and turn off? Then see below.

Q: What if the control box LEDs flash 4 times and turns off?

A: The head unit is disconnected. Loosen the top screw (Ph#2) of the top collar. Gently lift the head unit off the tripod. Pull the cable out of the tripod and firmly seat it in the head unit. Replace the head unit on the tripod. Hand tighten the top screw of the top collar. Long press the control box button. Verify the Skylight turns on.

Q: Why doesn’t my Skylight go to Boost (Brightness level 4)?

A: To enable Boost (brightness level 4) connect your Skylight to your Yeti or other external power source.

Comments