Outdoor unattended application requires 5V regulated supply

Options
lsfinn
lsfinn Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi -

I've an outdoor, remote application that requires a 5V regulated battery pack that will supply a powered USB extender and a light meter + data logger. The environment (where the battery pack will rest) may range from -5 F to 105 F. The low temps will occur only infrequently during some winter nights; the higher temps might occur daily during the June - July months).

Is there a GoalZero product that >might< meet my application's need? With a pointer I can/will investigate more thoroughly.

Thanks!

Answers

• lsfinn
    lsfinn Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I should add that when the unit charge becomes low I will swap it out for a fresh unit and return the low-charge unit to a warm, indoor environment for recharging.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @lsfinn,

The only unit that would fit the temperature range would be our Yeti 4000 pro. Although I do believe this might be too large for what you are looking to do. Our X series would not be able to operate properly in the temperature range and may even become damaged if it sits too long in those temperatures. This is specifically referring to the lower temperatures. What size battery are you looking to purchase? We do have smaller versions of the 4000 pro coming soon, so they may fit your needs.