combine HPP outputs at fuse block?

Options
tz_55
tz_55 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a Yeti 6000x and am using it to power devices in my van; when I attempt to start an Espar gas heater, the 12 volt circuit breaker trips. This doesn't always happen, my thought is that perhaps initial current demand for the heater glow plug is sometimes too much for the GZ and the circuit trips.

Would running both HPP 30 amp DC outputs to a fuse block provide a combined amperage of 60 amps? I think this would meet the heater's brief initial demand.

Thanks for any thoughts-

Best Answer

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tz_55,

Each port maxes out at 30A on their own. They also max out at 30A together.

For example, if you have a 20A item connected to one and a 10A item connected to the other, they will continue to work. If you have a 20A item connected to one and you connect a 15A item to the other, the 12V will trip.

Another example, if you have two 15A items connected to one HPP port, the port will not trip. If you have a 15A and 20A item connected to one port, the port will trip.

Hopefully this helps!

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @tz_55,

This will not work. The two HPP output ports share their output for a max of 30A together. Combining them would not increase the max output of the ports.

• tz_55
    Options

Thanks for your quick reply; does this mean that each of the HPP outlets have 30 amps available? Or do they each only have 15 amps and 30 amps is possible/available only if they are combined?

Thanks again for your thoughts -

• tz_55
    Options

The examples help! I now understand the limitations of the HPP outlets, and what kinds of devices/loads I might connect to them. Again, thanks for the quick and helpful reply -

Regards -