Yeti 200x USB-C 60W PD Input/Output port doesn’t seem to work

Options

Hi there, I just bought a Yeti 200x about a week ago and I’m pretty satisfied with the purchase except one thing. When I connect my iPhone charging cable to the USB-C port with 60W PD input/output, nothing happens. USB white LED light is on & all other 3 ports worked fine. Also, can I use the MacBook Pro 70W power adapter to charge the Yeti via 60W PD port using a USB-C cable as well?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @zgnnet,

Does USB-C PD port work with any other device? Does the port accept input power?

You can use the 70W power adaptor to charge via that PD port. It will cap at 60W.

• brian
    brian Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

@zgnnet Did you ever solve this issue? I just noticed the same thing but found that if I press the USB button while it's already on, it seems to engage the 60W PD port. I couldn't find any mention of this in the user manual so YMMV.

• ted_m_h
    ted_m_h Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I tried pressing the USB button while it's already on but that didn't seem to do anything. I can't get any sort of power to come out of that 60W PD port. So to charge my MacBook Pro or iPad Pro I have to plug in an Apple power supply to the AC port on the Yeti 1500X and from there plug into the computer device to charge it. That seems like something's not working right on my Yeti 1500X.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @ted_m_h,

Does the unit output from any of the USB ports or USB-C 18W port?