yeti connecting to hardwired switches/outlets, offgrid cabin

Options
TurningLeaf
TurningLeaf Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am building an off-grid cabin and would like to use a Yeti (500x) to power 3 or 4 lights and 3 or 4 outlets. Can I connect the Yeti directly to the hardwiring of the cabin? or do I need an breaker box?

Comments

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @TurningLeaf,

How much power do you plan to use? The Yeti 500X can output a max of 300W. As long as you are not exceeding that amount of output and have a breaker box that lets you connect to the Yetis 120V output, this should work.

• TurningLeaf
    TurningLeaf Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

We only plan to have 3 lights, and about 4 outlets. Cabin heating will be woodstove and there is no water/well pump. Cooking will be on an outdoor stove/grill. If the 500X is sufficient for the load demand is it compatible with home integration kit?

Since my initial thread post I discovered the home integration kit and wondering if this is the better way to connect to household 120V?

Do we need a breaker box? or does the home integration kit have overcurrent protection and breaker reset?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @TurningLeaf,

We recommend using the HIK with our larger units that can output more power. It can technically be used with the Yeti 500X but it isn't practical due to the Yeti 500X small inverter.

• kentescape21
    kentescape21 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @TurningLeaf , curious if you decided on your solution. I have a cabin with the exact same power needs, and is also a woodstove heated + dry cabin.