energy history loss of data resolution in new app version

Options
sunfuel
sunfuel Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

The new app firmware version 1.7.6 with battery fuel gauge as rounded has lost the details in the energy history.

Now once the watts has exceed 1000W it only shows in increments of 1kw.

Example:

solar charged of 955 watts and used 802W . I new version will round down to the nearest 1kw , in the old version would show 1757W. The new version thinks 1+1=1

Also if input is 1691W, the new version will show 1kw not 1691W

The bar chart is also not as good as the shaded curve plots imo.

This is a huge issue when trying to track total usage of energy each day. 1kw resolution is useless, basically running blind now. @GOAL ZERO ADMIN what happened? please bring back the resolution.

Total is 2 kw, but this means the input was more than 1k. But that resolution is not shown.

Compared to old version

now I can do the math to know exactly what my deficit is each day and plan accordingly.

Comments

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Options

Hi @sunfuel,

Here is a response from the App dev team:

We're truly sorry for the trouble the energy history rounding in the 1.7.6 update has caused. We completely understand how important detailed data is for tracking your power usage, and the good news is we're already on it!

We're actively working hard to reinstate the previous level of detail for total energy. You can expect it within the next release. 

In the meantime, the quick workaround: simply add your "Total Energy In" and "Total Energy Out" values. This will give you the same resolution for now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We value your feedback and are working to help support you and other users with resolution in tracking your energy usage."