Link multiple 100 Watt panels

Options
Chuck411
Chuck411 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Can I disconnect the wiring of a 200 Watt Suitcase and rewire those two panels to one 100 Watt panel and then mount all three individually on a framework? ( a frame which raises them 12 feet off the ground. I am thinking that I could wire them in parallel (all +'s together and all -'s together). I would then run some Belden 12 gage into my cabin 70 feet away to my Yeti 3000.

Best Answer

Answers

• Chuck411
    Options

How would it be for me to parallel the 200 suitcase to one 100 watt panel?

• Chuck411
    Options

If I want 300-400 Watts of charging power, is it best to buy a second 200 Watt Suitcase like the one I have and parallel the two 200 Watt Suitcase models?

I also have a question about mounting the Suitcase models. Is that acceptable wherein I would build a frame and set these Suitcase models on the frame which is built for the panels to lay at the correct angle to the sun?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Chuck411,

We suggest using the Boulder 200 as it requires less cables to get them chained in parallel. You will need a 4 X HPP combiner to HPP connector cable to be able to chain the two Boulder 200 panels.

You will need a mounting rack (or frame) to mount them to. As long as the frame fits the panels, there should be no problem doing this.