Charging profile scenarios for home backup

Options
Meg_2023
Meg_2023 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 10 in Yeti PRO 4000

I have the Yeti PRO 4000 + Haven 10 + 3600 Passthrough cable installed for emergency home backup. I particularly wanted the automatic power switching (APS) in the event of a power outage while I am away for a few weeks at a time. The charging profile is set to Performance (min=0%, recharge=95%, max=100%). Two questions:

1) When experimenting, the recharge didn't start until well below 95%, more like 88-90%. Why?

2) What circumstances or benefits might there be to changing the charging profile to something else -- battery saver, balanced, or custom -- (remember that it's for home backup)? Would alternatives be for, e.g., -to save the battery for something else? -to keep it from discharging completely (is going to zero bad?)? -to do some best practice for storage (keep it plugged in, but at an 85% max charge because I'm home most of the time and it will just be sitting there idle? I'd top it off before going away.)??

We don't have Time-of-Use (TOU) electricity rates here.

It would be great to have some discussion, documentation, or webinar(?) to explain some of these settings. I have been looking at the documentation for other models on github, but would love some explanations targeted for the Yeti PRO 4000 and home backup scenarios.

Great product so far!!

Comments

• Meg_2023
    Meg_2023 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

update re: #1 -- figured out that the AC Input Limit was set approximately at the minimum 360W and my home circuit needs exceeded that for a time. The Yeti favored discharge to my home circuits over recharging the battery. Once I experimented and increased the AC Input Limit to ~480W on the app, the 95% recharge point worked just fine for what I was running. Because I am using the 3600W passthrough cable and, hence, Power+, I would like to set the AC input higher, say towards the 3600W max, but I am timid about experimenting with that. I would be interested in other people's experiences or recommendations.