What's the best setting for the AC Charge Input Limit (Low input limit setting)?

Options
Meg_2023
Meg_2023 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

If I need to use my portable gas generator to recharge the Yeti PRO 4000, should I manually set the charge limit to something below 1800W? Is it better to switch it to a High Input limit? Thx.

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Meg_2023

I keep mine on the low setting. If there is a power outage and I use my full battery I might switch it back to high. That way when the power comes back on I can recharge it quickly. Having it on the high setting all of the time will not damage the battery though.

• Meg_2023
    Meg_2023 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. My question is really about recharging with a portable gas generator. For grid recharging, I keep mine on low, too, but I experimented with the high setting to see how it worked. My gas generator is 5000 watts and kept on hand for the sump pump. I’d like to use it to recharge the Yeti 4000, if the grid is still down and the battery gets depleted. (I don’t have a solar panel yet!) I’d be using an AC plug input from the gas generator and am not sure if there are any concerns about blasting power back in as fast as possible on high or taking it slow and conservatively on low.