Solar not charging but has blue light

Options
Gramhammer
Gramhammer Member Posts: 1

A few days ago I bought and had installed the yeti link expansion module for vehicle into my yeti 1500 (and yes it was switched to vehicle mode). After I plugged it into my Scout Camper the vehicle module and solar panel, my solar panel stopped charging?

Here’s the problems I’m having with it:

The blue light is steady the input is at zero and once in a while it will jump to a number for a split second like 11wats, 30 wats and so.

I unplugged the expansion module and still the same.

I tried a factory recent and no change just the same still.

I tested twitch with a multi meter the Anderson connector coming from the solar panel and there is power.

I opened the top of the yeti disconnected the ec8 and Anderson connectors and reconnected them but still same problem.

Is there any other suggestions I can get to help get my solar to start charging again?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Gramhammer,

What solar panels are you using? Are they Goal Zero brand or third party? What firmware version is the Yeti 1500X at? What firmware version is the Yeti link at?

Was the Yeti accepting power prior to you installing the link from the solar panels?

• MJH
    MJH Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

I have a similar question. I'm trying to charge my Yeti 1500x with Boulder 200BC solar panels. The blue light is on but the input is zero and occasionally jumps to 2 or 3. App says firmware is 1.8.8. Energy profile is Balanced and current energy is 84%. Solar panel voltage is 19.04v.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    edited February 16
    Options

Hi @MJH,

We suggest trying the resets for the Yeti 1500X. We have linked a forum that lists all of the ones available for the Yeti 1500X at firmware 1.8.8.

• MJH
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I did all three 1500X resets. Input watts is still mostly zero and occasionally jumps to 4 or 5. The Units/Input shows 11.2 volts, EVEN when no wall or solar input is connected. If I measure voltage from the solar panel connector with a VOM it measures 19.4 volts.

Should there be a more constant solar panel input wattage? Charging from the wall plug-in shows 118 input watts.

PS: Yesterday the Yeti was 84%. This morning it's 53%. There weren't any input or output connections and wifi was off. Could the resets affect the battery percent?

• MJH
    Options

PPS: After "solar charging" for 3 hours, the battery is now 52%, decreasing from 53%? Nothing is running except the panel is lit.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    Options

Hi @MJH,

This could be either an issue with the HPP Port itself or an issue with the solar panels. Do you have any other charging source that charges the Yeti via the HPP port? For example our 230W power supply or 600W power supply? We want to see if the unit will take a charge through the HPP port with a different item other than the solar panels.