Yeti 500X 60W Pd

Options

When using 60W Pd output, my phone, computer, and tablet will act as if the port just turns on and off. You can see on the Yeti display, the output watage jumps up, then down, then up, then down and so on. I have other 65W and 90W chargers and they work fine on these items, I don't think the 60 W is too mutch.

So, I'm not sure what the 60W PD is for. I thought it would run my laptop. The 18W will charge the laptop overnight, but it won't run it. I can use the power supply with the computer on the AC. So, that works, but it seems it would be inefficant.

I called tech support, they did not know the problem. They had me reset, then run it down to 0, and re-charge. That did not fix it. So they replaced the unit. I got the new unit, and it does the same.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Comments

• Ely
    Ely Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

At first try an other USB-C cable. Very important of these cables are to buy quality. The best what you can get is good enough. Many cheap cables haves some problems on some devices and/or ports. In worst case the unit (battery or laptop) damages.

• Dinomite
    Dinomite Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

This is a known issue and Goal Zero should address it. I read that PD port is trying to charge a laptop and at the same time charge the unit back from laptop’s port as a source, that’s why the constant flip flop is happening, it can’t “make up its mind” if it wants to charge or be charged.

As a work around, you could try to use a car PD 60W ( or more watts ) adapter in 12V car socket.

I am looking forward for an official word from Goal Zero on why PD port never works on 500x.