Options
Spether
Spether Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

My setup:

Yeti 3000X

Boulder 200 (3)

Ranger 300 (1)

GZ 4-way HPP Power Combiner

All four panels are connected via the 4-way combiner. Medium to strong sunlight conditions. The 3000X is rated to accept up to 600 watts however it is capping out between 324 and 329. If I disconnect the Ranger the charge remains at 324. If I disconnect one of the Boulders it remains at 324. I appear to have more than enough input however the Yeti is limiting the total wattage it will take. I also tried resetting the unit with no impact.

Why is the Yeti limiting the input and is there a way to correct that?

Comments

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Spether,

What firmware is the Yeti 3000X at? If it is not on firmware 1.7.6 or newer, we recommend updating it as this could potentially solve this issue. Firmware 1.7.6 came with some improvements to solar charging on our larger Yeti power stations.

• Spether
    Options

Hi, @GOAL ZERO ADMIN , it's actually on version 1.8.x which is the latest.

About two hours after my original post the input charge started climbing slowly and eventually finished around 560 watts. I'm wondering if this could be related to temperature? When I started the Yeti was around 45 degrees and when it finished it had warmed up to about 55. Does the system ratchet down the input charge if the battery is colder?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Spether,

It is possible that temperature could have caused this. The Yeti will not be able to take a charge at 32F, and the charge may slow down the colder it is. We suggest keeping it at 60F for optimal charging.

• Spether
    Options

Thank you for the extra information! Next time I will make sure the 3000X is pre-warmed and see if that makes a difference.